Since Mailbox will be sunset in a couple of months, I am looking for an alternate iOS email client.
One of the must-have features that I needed was the possibility to snooze emails, which became an important part of my email workflow.
Right now I am evaluating Inbox by Gmail and here are the first impressions after more than one week of using it.
– snooze to location
– integrated reminders (with snooze functionality)
– undo action
– nice compose interface
– as expected, excellent search functionality
– auto responses
– even after disabling the bundles, it still puts certain emails in the Google Plus circles, skipping the inbox
– the ‘Snooze until…’ interface has a lot of room for improvement, I almost always have to tap more times until I find the right time/place
– the ‘pin’ functionality is useless
– swiping a snoozed email archives it instead of putting it in the inbox as expected (this is related to the previous remark)
– boring interface when you reach Inbox-0, no incentive to get there nor the possibility to customize
– bundles enabled by default, but that can be easily disabled
Written by Dorin Moise (Published articles: 243)