Written on 29 December 2022, 11:44am
The #yearly_roundup of things that I enjoyed this year.
- Getting over the Covid period. It felt good to be able to travel, socialize and play sports again. With the added value that the working-from-home routine continued.
- Reading. A bit less compared to the last year (according to Goodreads). I particularly enjoyed the “Three body problem” trilogy, which made my imagination run like never before. “In the future people will take neuro drugs that will selectively erase memories of this trilogy in order to be able to read them again for the first time.” #
- Sticking to a healthy routine. More active compared to 2021. Smashed the 1000 days record for closing the Apple Health rings, kept doing 10.000 steps every day during the same period and played football 2-3 times every week. That’s a lot of dopamines 🙂
- Driving my Tesla. Almost 5 years in, and it doesn’t get old.
- Refereeing football games. I still regret not starting this earlier.
- The wallpapers on my phone. I know, quite silly 😋 but we need to look for thin slices of joy. The iOS 16 lock screen improvements made me look for colors and emotions and in the process, increased my appreciation for the digital artists.
- A few card games. Hearts and Spades from the Apple Arcade gave my mind some time off while bringing back some teenage memories.
- Learning a new foreign language. I’m nowhere near speaking Spanish, but I am quite happy with the progress I made this year in learning new words and understanding the language.
- A series: For all mankind. Because the third season is just as good as the previous two. And because it accentuates the impression that we’re leaving a new golden age for the space exploration (perhaps soon to be powered by fusion?).
- Attending the first concert with my daughter. Not planned, but it turned out to be awesome.