I know that this blog is mainly about web development, but when I get new devices, I feel like I have to share. Must be the smell of the fresh hardware 🙂
I recently bought a Garmin 3760 sat nav system from amazon.co.uk.
With less than 9mm thick, the 3760 is the Thinnest Navigator in the World.
Indeed, the size of the navigator is the first things that you will notice when opening the box.
- When the device is in stand by (screen turned off) you don’t know how to hold it. On the iPhone, you have the home button on the bottom. On Garmin 3760, the power button (in fact, the only physical button) is placed on the bottom right sidebar. Not the best place to put it, if you ask me, as you will need two hands to switch it on and off.
- Screen orientation: it advertises dual orientation (landscape and portrait). But it’s not similar to the one on the iPhones: you have only one position for the portrait and one for the landscape (to compare, the iPhones have two positions for portrait-mode and two for landscape mode). Not a big issue, just something to be noted
- The touch screen is a little too sensitive sometimes (compared to the iPhone)
- When connected to computer via USB, you cannot use the device
- The picture viewer is quite slow. But it’s not like someone would buy the device for the picture viewer 🙂