Written on 20 October 2011, 04:50pm
Some quick notes about cfexecute tag:
- It is async.
- You cannot put other ColdFusion tags or functions between the start and end tags of cfexecute.
- You cannot nest cfexecute tags.
- In CF8 or less, only stdout output is captured, not stderr. If you need to capture the error, redirect stderr to stdout using 2>&1 – as described here.
- In CF9, you can use errorVariable and errorFile attributes to store (into a variable or file respectively) the result of an error. [#]
- To capture the output, use variable or outputFile attributes. If no outputFile or variable attribute is specified, output is displayed on page from which it was called.