Books that matter
- Modern Web Design & Development – a collection of Smashing Magazine articles written in 2010 about responsive Web design, improving Web security, useful coding tips and practices for HTML5 and CSS3, and much more
- “Best of Smashing Magazine” Anniversary eBook – contains the best articles that have been published on Smashing Magazine in the last five years — and by “best,” we mean the most useful, most interesting or most inspiring.
- The Smashing Book #1 The book is full of practical and useful knowledge for designers and Web developers: technical tips and best practices on coding, usability and optimization.
- The Smashing Book #2 This book shares valuable practical insight into design, usability and coding: mobile applications, e-commerce websites, principles of professional design thinking and graphic design. Moreover, it explains common coding mistakes and how to avoid them and shows how to apply psychology and game theory to create engaging user experiences.
A book apart
- Designing for Emotion From classic psychology to case studies, highbrow concepts to common sense, this book demonstrates accessible strategies and memorable methods to help you make a human connection through design.
- Mobile First Former Yahoo! design architect and co-creator of Bagcheck Luke Wroblewski knows more about mobile experience than the rest of us, and packs all he knows into this entertaining, to-the-point guidebook. Its data-driven strategies and battle tested techniques will make you a master of mobile—and improve your non-mobile design, too!
- Adobe ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit. No doubt, the best ColdFusion resource out there.
Vol 1 – Getting Started
Vol 2 – Application Development
Vol 3 – Advanced Application Development
- Object-Oriented Programming in ColdFusion – incredibly useful, a must-read even if you’re not interested in ColdFusion.
- Adobe ColdFusion Anthology – interesting and funny
- Learning Flex 4: Getting Up to Speed with Rich Internet Application Design and Development – was an excellent quick-and-easy introduction to Flex
- Flex 4 in Action: Revised Edition of Flex 3 in Action – followed after the one above, helped me consolidate my Flex knowledge
- Website Owner’s Manual helps you form a vision for your site, guides you through the process of selecting a web design agency, and gives you enough background information to make intelligent decisions throughout the development process.
- Build Mobile Websites and Apps for Smart Devices Grab hold of the most exciting and important development in computing since the Internet itself: The Mobile Web. By 2014, there will be more phones browsing the Internet than computers. Will you be building for them?
OCA Oracle Database 11g SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide: Exam 1Z0-051 * http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oracle-Database-Fundamentals-Exam-Guide/dp/0071597867/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311947675&sr=1-1
Introducing HTML 5 (Voices That Matter) * http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introducing-HTML-Voices-That-Matter/dp/0321687299/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_1