Written on 15 February 2014, 11:05pm
Tagged with: fitness, geek, plot
The awkward Tanita incident in the beginning of February inspired me to build my own fitness data input + visualising tool. After some nights of work, they are done; and I am pretty happy with the result. Screenshots and description below.
I spent some time choosing the new repository for my data. After considering multiple options (like MongoDB, Google Fusion Tables, Dropbox xml, AWS), I chose a MySQL database + periodic Dropbox backup.
So, the measurement data was migrated from Tanita XML to MySQL. Funny enough, shortly after I started to work on this tool, my shared hosting provider had a data corruption incident (for the first time in 5 years since I am using them), and the database had to be restored. This is just another reminder to always backup